I enjoyed this so much that I have decided to do this every week! Assuming I get enough entries to choose from of course. So jump on board and give me your ideas! I will use the winning idea as inspiration for a makeup look sometime throughout the coming week, and feature the idea on the blog, Facebook and Instagram! Entries close 10am Tuesday GMT and you can enter right here in the comments, or through Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. It’s summer here right now so keep that in mind.
This is my take on maramakeupandbeauty’s idea for last week’s Makeup Inspiration Monday. Thanks for your suggestion!
I love peaches for summer too so this was fun. I went for a soft peach look all over and kept everything light.
For the eyes I used a mixture of the Lorac Pro 2 palette and Mac shadows. I used Lorac’s Buff and Nectar to begin with, but Nectar wasn’t showing up peach enough for me so I added some Mac Paradisco over the top, then added Coppering to the outer corner with a light hand. Coppering can be a very intense colour if you’re not careful, but used lightly it gives a beautiful peachy tone with a gorgeous sheen.
For lips I didn’t have a perfect peach-toned lipstick, so I improvised. I used Mac’s Ravishing lipstick first but it was a bit orange for me, so I dabbed some of Mac’s Crème d’Nude over the top to turn it into more of a creamy peach colour. I have to say I loved the result! It gave me the perfect peach lip for my skin tone.
Full list of products used:
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid foundation – Classic Ivory
- MAC Pro Longwear concealer – NW15
- Napoleon Perdis The One concealer
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – Light
- Clarins Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour – Soft Peach
- Nyx blush – Taupe (for contour)
- MAC eyeshadow – Mystery
- Clear brow gel
- MAC Paint Pot – Painterly (base)
- Inner third of lid – Lorac Pro 2 Palette – Buff
- Middle third of the lid – Lorac Pro 2 Palette – Nectar and MAC eyeshadow – Paradisco
- Outer third of lid – Mac eyeshadow – Coppering
- ELF cream liner – Coffee
- Maybelline Full and Soft mascara
Check out my Instagram feed if you’re interested in more makeup looks that don’t end up here 🙂
* Not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.